Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Chicken Boob

I went to Costco and bought the multimillion pack of chicken breast. packed into 2 packs for convenience.

So... after seeing Reeni's post for Asian Chicken Salad... I attempted to make it too.
However, I had no romaine, and when I pulled out a cucumber... it was sad and broken and squished. No bueno. I also didn't have ALL the ingredients. I flubbed this recipe... but it was still yummy!

Instead of the fresh ginger, I used about 1 tsp. of ground ginger. I think that was actually PLENTY. I didn't have any seasame seeds, so I just skipped that. And the soy sauce I have is just regular old soy sauce - I would definitely do the low-sodium one next time.

My FAVORITE part though is the caramelized sauce... SO good. It turns into that sweet teriyaki that we all know. It was lots of fun running the chicken breasts around the pan to get each and every bit of that sauce.

I wish I had a cucumber to go with it... or romaine. Something to complete the "salad" part of the recipe.

3 comments:

Simply Me said...

ps. you need to add the follow box so people can actually follow you :)

Reeni said...

I'm so glad you liked it - but who wouldn't? The glaze is so yummy, and so easy. Thanks for trying it out!

Unknown said...

Chicken boob...lol!