Saturday, August 2, 2008

unpacking...

As I continue to "unpack", nearly a week later, I came across some fun little stuff I stashed away...

From Hotel Nikko room service, little cards were placed with my pillow mints/chocolates:

the first night read-
"Laughter cannot bring back what anger has driven away."

the second night read-
"When you have completed 95% of your journey, you are halfway there."

Just thought I'd share those. Neat-o huh?

And for funner stuff, I visited the Musee Mecanique at Pier 45 (It used to be located at the Historic Cliff house- where I first visited it, and where is actually also featured in The Princess Diaries)... and played some of the 'fortune telling/psychic' machines for kicks:

"You have been faced with some tragedy in the past. Things will look brighter in the future. There will be a rift between you and a dear friend, but that will be patched up and your friendship will be stronger than ever." [Well! This one is kind of all over the place]

"You are a born leader, with a sense of justice and good memory. Firm in any conviction. Home loving, dependable and devoted to family and friend... Temperamental personality and desirous of being frank..."

THEN I found a business card I stashed away for Kara's Cupcakes, located in Ghiradelli Square. Reminded me a lot of Sprinkles Cupcakes design/graphic-wise, but I didn't have time to try any (as seemed like the trend of my trip) since we were off for sundaes at the Ghiradelli Ice Cream Parlor! [Sorry no pictures... I was pretty bad about that throughout the trip too.]

No comments: