Thursday, August 21, 2008

Citrus Yogurt Muffins


This cute little book features all kinds of cupcake recipes, and VARIATIONS on those recipes! I only wish there were more pictures (like for EVERY SINGLE CUPCAKE FLAVOR) but that would be a little excessive (maybe?).

Last night I attempted to bake Citrus Yogurt Muffins.
It wasn't until too late that I realized I had no eggs (none, not one) in the fridge. SO unfortunately, and definitely (according to my chef at work), this recipe REQUIRES that egg. OOPS.

Citrus Yogurt Muffins
from the "Low-Fat Cupcake" chapter

2C AP flour
3/4C granulated sugar
1 tbsp grated orange zest (approx. all of a regular sized orange)
1 tbsp grated lemon zest (approx. all of a regular to large sized lemon)
1 tbsp grated lime zest (approx. 2 decent sized limes)
1 tbsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1C fat-free plain yogurt
1/2C sunflower oil (I used vegetable oil, I wonder if that made a difference too.)
1 lightly beaten egg

Combine dry ingredients and zest.
Mix together yogurt, oil and egg.
Stir in flour mixture until combined- do not overmix.
Spoon into prepared muffin pan (yields 12).

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool 5 min. Serve warm. (They DID taste ok still warm; I didn't bother tasting them the next morning though.)


Maybe I'll try these again, WITH the egg. Maybe I won't. I end up wasting the naked fruits anyways. So sad.

No comments: