Friday, August 29, 2008

blog hopper

Had some quality one-on-one computer/internet browsing time... and much of that was blog hopping (ok, all of it). I've collected some new recipes! Yay! So I'm probably going to be baking up at least 2 loaves of banana bread, some new cookies, and even a cake!

I think I'm going to start buying butter and eggs in bulk. I mean, seriously! A box of butter has ONLY 4 sticks... that'll last MAYBE 2 recipes. and EGGS! THE EGGS!! I like to bake just as much as I like an egg sammie, or a poached egg, or an egg over-easy, or an omelette (OMG I STILL HAVE TO MAKE "EGGIE IN A BASKET" - note to self- before bread molds, again)... so my own personal egg consumption really digs into the dozen count egg carton. And I have to restrain myself from eating eggs lest the Citrus Yogurt Muffin fiasco re-occur. (But I think buying a whole STACK of eggs from Costco might be overkill... even for me).

Not to mention the LAZY. On "Baking Day Mondays", I spend half the afternoon shopping for ingredients. Granted I have the staples (AP flour, sugar, eggs (hopefully), butter (usually))... but I'm not a milk drinker, nor do I keep whipping cream in the fridge, or even honey! So I am guaranteed an outing to the market for that one ingredient or two... not to mention, restocking the staples since something or other is ALWAYS running out. (Note to self- parchment paper)

So, hopefully, this weekend I will be proactive and shop on Sunday (or maybe even SATURDAY, WHOA OMG)... and bake ALLLLLL day on Monday.

How long does it take for bananas to ripen? I should get those asap and force them to get old and mushy for my banana breads.

So! Everyone...

Let's look forward to these goodies in the next few weeks or month (or year):

Banana Bread w/ Chocolate and Cinnamon Sugar from Orangette
Banana Bread w/ Cinnamon Crumble Topping from Orangette
UBC Cake (Ultimate Banana & Chocolate Cake) aka Willie Nelson's Famous Banana Bread from Everybody Likes Sandwiches

Espresso-Chocolate Shortbread Cookie from Smitten Kitchen
Chocolate Mint Cookies from Everybody Likes Sandwiches
French-Style Yogurt Cake from Orangette

No comments: