Thursday, April 16, 2009

Breakfast of Champions... almost

I love fruit and yogurt parfaits. damn you mcdonalds. but since i hear (somewhere) that granola is "pretend" healthy... i can't sprinkle the oh-so-delicious-crunchy-sweet-goodness over the fruits and tart yogurt.

HOWEVER, almonds have come a close second. I tried both slivered and sliced. Both are good... but I think I like the slivered more. It tastes more 'meaty'. So rather that the usual strawberry+misc. berry mix+granola, I went for blackberries+blueberries+orange pieces+almond pieces.

For dinner, I made Chicken Breast stuffed with Ricotta, Spinach and Gorgonzola, with a side of Sweet Potato Fries (out of the bag).




Not much of a recipe for this... I just mixed some ricotta, gorg and spinach in a bowl to whatever proportions I felt like. If you don't like gorg much that you can skip it, of course.
For the spinach, I sauteed fresh spinach in olive oil and garlic. Nothing fancy.

Top with Parmesan for a little extra flavor. But you can skip also. I wanted to top with shredded Parm and broil it in the over for a nice top layer... but... didn't.

Now obviously I am not the best chicken flattener or roller... and I used breast steaks (whatever that means). So they were larger and thicker than what I'm used to.

All in all, it wasn't a hard dish to prepare. Came out dry, but I'm sure those who cook chicken more often than my "never" would know how to avoid that.

Baked at 350 for 60 min.

1 comment:

Simply Me said...

and it was yuuuuummmmmm-o :)