Thursday, April 30, 2009

Almond Butter Chocolate Bars

Kate and Josh went away during Christmas, and brought me back this mix!

I'm finally getting around to doing some baking, and since I had some almond butter in the fridge... I decided to give that a go!


It was so nice to just dump everything in a bowl and mix. SO MUCH LESS DISHES TO WASH! It was just so weird to not have to cream the butter and sugar when baking this time.

Ingredients included: Quick cooking oats, flour, sugar, brown sugar, chocolate chips, baking soda, butter, eggs, vanilla and almond butter.


Not sure if it baked up correctly... I don't think so, since there was a "crust".



Overall, pretty good. It was nice and warm and chewy right out of the oven. Got a little more chewy as it cooled. If you like oatmeal cookies, then these are totally awesome! It's not TOO sweet either.
Some people ate it up! (But those I know are total oatmeal eaters).
Some were indifferent to it. Maybe it wasn't sweet enough for them.



Is it weird to check that things are done in the middle by doing this?

2 comments:

Simply Me said...

you didn't say if it was any good or not... did the Amish poison you?? that's where we got it, a Amish bakery.

Reeni said...

I've done the same thing-the hole in the middle! They look scrumptious!