Monday, May 24, 2010

Strawberry Cream Tart

Strawberry Cream Tart from Baking at Home with the Culinary Institute of America

I've had this post sitting around for a while... I guess I forgot to publish! Oopsies.
I made this back from when I had tart dough left from class, and pastry cream sitting in the fridge from an attempt at cream puffs...

this turned out to be the perfect recipe to use all that up! It essentially comes down to assembly.

Tart dough - Baked in 8in tart pan - Fully blind baked.
1/2C Strawberry Jam
1/4C Melted Chocolate
2C Pastry Cream
2 Pints Strawberries - hulled & sliced

Once tart shell is baked and cooled, brush with melted chocolate. (Keeps moisture from soggying the crust!) Smooth in pastry cream. Top with strawberries. Brush with jam that's been melted in a small saucepan.


I probably shouldn't have glazed this and then fridgerator'd it overnight... it was juices galore! But still yumyum!

1 comment:

Reeni said...

I wish I had a huge slice of this right now! I don't have any dessert and this is so scrumptious and fresh looking! You're going to have me in the kitchen baking...