Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Crispy Salted Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies

from poppytalk

What initially peaked my interest in this recipe was that it COULD be vegan-friendly. Not that I'm vegan... but it's good to have alternatives to satisfy all potential client needs no?

These have a wonderful warm color that just made me feel all calm and lighthearted. I don't know why.
 
The butterscotch leaves a dreamily sweet scent throughout the kitchen... lingering into my bedroom where I laid watching tv as the cookies cooled.

The cookies don't spread during baking, so the size came out to be like Nibblers from Mrs. Fields.
But oh-so-more-decadent!

It might have been a tad sweet - maybe from my using sweetened coconut as opposed to unsweetened. And of course, who doesn't love the off-set of sweet with sea salt!

Since the recipe yielded a good solid 2 dozen... it was time to share!

1 comment:

Reeni said...

I wish that was my name on there! Frank's lucky. These sound awesome with sea salt!