Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cornbread? Cornbread.

Cornbread from Baking at Home with the Culinary Institute of America

1 C Yellow Cornmeal, plus extra for dusting the pan
3/4C AP flour
1/2C Sugar
1.5tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Salt
2 Large Eggs
1/2C Buttermilk
1/4C Vegetable Oil

Preheat oven to 350.
Prep a 8in square pan - grease and dust with cornmeal.
Mix together all dry ingredients.
Whisk together all wet ingredients.
Combine wet and dry - until just mixed.
Pour into prepared pan and bake 25-30 min until surface is golden brown, or springs back to touch.

How cool is this? Buttermilk meets Oil.
I sifted the baking powder... but maybe it clumped up together after I mixed it all together.
The top didn't brown... but I don't think it was overbaked. Unless, I DID overbake... since I thought it was kind of dry and dense. I didn't like the "kernels" of the corn meal. Maybe I should grind it to be a bit more fine? Hmmmm. Just an "ok" recipe.

1 comment:

Reeni said...

Sorry you didn't like your cornbread! Don't you hate when that happens? I could gladly take it off your hands!