Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Epiphany

I will be the first to admit that, yes, I'm a rather angry and cynical individual relatively often. More often as of late. Long days at work, little sleep, road rage are GENERALLY the culprits, as I'm sure it is for many of you out there. And one would think that an hour+ long workouts after work would provide some sort of stress release. But, maybe it's making it worse? So, after that bout of brownie baking this past weekend... I've decided to just bake when the world (and my mood) is poopoo.

Today was another one of those poopoo days. (Surprise surprise.)
So, I decided to make Ila's ginger matcha scones since I didn't get to try any from the bake sale.

And, uh, Ila's are definitely prettier than mine. I think I need to practice...


The actual prep and mixing of ingredients was easy peasy... but holy crap - when she says "sticky batter" it is INSANE sticky. (or maybe I just don't make things like this enough).
And of course, it later dawned on me as I was washing the dishes that... hmmm... maybe I shoulda added a BIT more flour? *shrugs*

Needless to say, the cutting into triangles and getting the scones onto the baking pan was challenging. I started to get the hang of it... but alas, not QUITE the shape I was going for.

Oh, and how amazing is my drizzling skill? CRAZY good right? Yeah. I need to work on that too.

These baked up smelling amazing! First the lemon hits you, then you get the slight "spicyness" of the ginger... mmmmmm. I really wanted to eat one right out of the oven... so fragrant and warm... mmmmmMMMMM.

Mixing up a batch of cookies and scooping the dough out on the sheet pans with a spring-loaded scooper is like child's play compared to what I did today. Well, not that bad. But man... what a sticky mess! I feel like there was so much dough gone to waste being stuck on everything.
And yes. It did make me feel better to bake tonight. Semi-success/Almost-fail and all.

1 comment:

Reeni said...

When all else fails I bake! These don't look bad - love the flavor combo!