Monday, August 17, 2009

Baking Mondays

My day off always flies by... but I get lots of baking done!

Strawberry-Shortcake Cookies from Martha Stewart Living

My photos are in no way as good at the featured picture... but:

These cookies are super soft... taste good, but not much of a cookie as a mini cake. Maybe I used too much cream. I'm not sure if this is something I'd add to my repertoire. Great recipe though!

Also, made another batch of brownies, Earl Grey Brownies (minus the earl grey part)...
I didn't want to make the ganache if the brownies were going to be poop. Aaaaand... they didn't turn out right. Yet another batch with a tough crust - overbaked, of course.
But the preparation of this batch stood out from the past few... mainly REALLY beating the eggs and folding them in...


1 comment:

Reeni said...

Those cookies look divine! The brownies are so thick! I would eat the fudgy middles out of them!