Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Orange Cheesecake with Chocolate Crust

Originally inspired by the yummy goodness of Orange Milanos...
but the orange flavor wasn't as pronounced as I wanted it to be.

Perhaps I should have used some orange juice and/or orange zest.

I followed pretty closely this recipe... Chocolate-Orange Cheesecake
However, I added a touch more Grand Marnier (1/2tbsp.)
and I spread a layer of melted chocolate on the crust.
(Obviously I had omitted the orange zest, and did not dust with cocoa powder.)

I'm still working on getting better at working with chocolate. It's TOUGH!!!


I baked at 325 for approx. 1hr 20min for the round, and 50min for the little tartlets.
Timing was only an estimate... I tested doneness with touch. Dry and springy center.


The tartlets poofed up a little in the over then sunk when cooling. The round didn't poof like the tartlets, and it didn't sink either. (Unless it is going to do so as it continues to cool in the fridge.) I immediately cut around the edges of the pan when I removed the round... not sure if that helped.


Tastes pretty good... I only sampled a tartlet, which isn't much justice to the actual cheesecake since there wasn't much to taste in comparison to the crust.


1 comment:

Simply Me said...

drooool.
random- the word code I need to write in to post this is... Zabblega..... huh??