Monday, September 6, 2010

Homemade Granola

I'm not usually a partaker of granola... I like plain granola on my yogurt, but that's about it.
But I decided to make some granola after some inspiration online and while looking at the "bulk" section in my local Sprouts market.

It was easy peasy! Just mix everything together and bake.
And I like how its easily customizable to what your tastes are.

Homemade Cranberry Nut Granola, adapted from Food Network - Giada De Laurentis
For the almonds, I used a mix of slivered and sliced. And pretty much guesstimated on the pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. I mean, really, throw in however much you feel like! (Within reason, of course.)

This seems like an "autumn" granola, what with the pumpkin seeds and cranberries. Reminiscent of Thanksgiving no?

No comments: