Tuesday, December 8, 2009

it's cold outside!

It's getting REALLY tough to just not curl up under the blankets 24/7 as the cold starts to creep into "sunny" socal. True, its not nearly as cold as it gets in other parts of the country/world. But for someone like me... this is no bueno. I can't find enough layers to put on!

I did get a chance to do some baking though... after all, the oven is a nice big heat source.
So, from Michelle's blog Brown Eyed Baker... I made her Empire Cookies to ring in the holiday season!

These were a lot easier to make than I imagined. Must have been my fear of rolling out dough.
But these rolled out and cut no prob!
I love the versatility of these cookies too... this time around I used good ol' strawberry jam. But next time I can use whatever I want! And I can also color the icing any color to fit any occasion!

3 comments:

GeekyContradiction said...

Those cookies are so cute! I also love strawberry jam... YUM! Where do you live that's getting cold? It gets that way sometimes in Minnesota (probably a little worse than what you are getting...), but I used to feel the same way when I lived in California, so I know how you feel! Today I am actually liking the foot of snow we have... but sometimes I hate winter and just want to curl up in front of the TV with a fireplace, hot chocolate, and a fleece blanket!

Reeni said...

I love these cookies! They look like ornaments and the decorating possibilities are endless!

Debbie said...

Those cookies are adorable! Just perfect for the holiday season. Love Christmas cookies!