Monday, June 15, 2009

Blueberry Muffins


Back to baking!

From the Williams-Sonoma baking book I've been "borrowing" for some insane amount of months... I decided to use the last of my blueberries for some muffins!

2C AP Flour
2/3C Sugar
2.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1C Milk
1/2C unsalted butter, melted
2 eggs
1C blueberries (I used a 6oz. container)


Mix your dry ingredients.
Mix your wet ingredients.
Combine.
Add blueberries and stir to incorporate.
Spoon into greased muffin tin, or cups, or whatever cups. About 2/3 full.
Bake at 400 for 15-20 min. Do the toothpick test.

I used a larger cup... and expectedly that took longer to finish baking. So, I let it bake up so that the top got golden... the jury is still out on if I should have let the other muffins bake a bit longer to get a golden top too.

This baking cup has instructions!! "Open"... hard to see, but its there on the top edge! So cool!

On another note... you watch a dog for one day, pick up his poop a few times...
and you get a mixed berry cobbler! Who knew??


AND, I went to trader joe's looking to get a new jar of jam for those thumbprint cookies... and found this neat stuff...

SUPERFRUIT Spread. OOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Cherries, Blueberries, Pomegranate... sounds delish~

3 comments:

Reeni said...

Blueberry muffins, yum! Love the fancy muffin cups. It looks like you have lots of goodies to eat up, I could help you out!

Simply Me said...

seriously who knew dogs were so powerful!!

appropriated.muffin said...

thanks reeni! someday i would love to do a mail order bakery hoopla shenanigans fun time... haha.