Monday, November 17, 2008

Kisses Peanut Butter Blossoms




From an ad spot in Everyday Food magazine, but can also be found on the back of a Hershey's Kisses bag:

Hershey's Kisses Chocolates, unwrapped
1/2 C Shortening
3/4 C Creamy Peanut Butter
1/3 Granulated Sugar
1/3 C Packed Light Brown Sugar
1 Egg
2 Tbsp Milk
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1-1/2 C AP Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
Granulated Sugar for rolling dough in

375 Degree Oven 8-10min. Yields 36 Cookies

Beat shortening and PB until well blended. Add sugars and beat until fluffy.
Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well.
In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually beat into PB mixture.

Shape dough into 1 in. balls (1 Tbsp. of dough). Roll in granulated sugar and place on ungreased/parchment lined baking sheet.

Bake 8-10 minutes (I went 10) or until lightly browned. Immediately press an UNWRAPPED kiss into the center of each cookie. Cookie will crack around the edges (but also does in the oven). Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack and allow to cool completely.



Since I only baked 9 cookies at a time... this took a while, so I was hungry by the time I was done. So I made: Soy Sauce Eggs!

Simply fry up eggs in any style, and splash on a bit of soy sauce towards the end of cooking; allow the soy sauce to "burn" a little in the pan as you finish cooking your eggs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you would ever be interested in becoming a featured publisher with Foodbuzz.com? If so please conctact me at lizstambaugh@yahoo.com

Cheri Block Sabraw said...

Hi Jenn,
What a beautiful blog!!
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you.
Thanks for the comment to my blog.

I will visit yours often. Yum...

Mrs. Sabraw