Saturday, June 26, 2010

"Classic" Brioche

So I'm still getting the hang of baking breads... and the only previous encounter with brioche dough was in class for the Pain au Raisin.

I got the request to bake up the "classic" brioche rolls, you know, the ones with the little "heads" on top - "brioche a tete".

So I whipped up a batch of dough, let it slow rise in the fridge overnight, then baked it off the following day in the cute little fluted brioche molds. (BTW, those suckers are hard to clean. My hands got all scratched up from the edges.)

These came out pretty big for a "roll". But yummy!

Here is the brioche shaping tutorial I referred to when forming the "tete".

I obviously need to work on that still.
I worried that after all the work of rising and rolling the dough, it would end up just sticking to the molds. So after just a few minutes outta the oven, I ripped one sucker out just to ease my mind. AND OMG YAY. It came out no problemo!
 It did lose the "tete" though... but otherwise, I thought it looked very delish and beautifully browned - if not just a bit misshapen.




OH HI. I'M DELICIOUS BRIOCHE.

2 comments:

Reeni said...

These look insanely delicious! I hope you saved me one!

Anonymous said...

now if you can make 'em bigger, so there's enough room to fit a hamburger patty in between...