Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

If you're like me and manage to spend hours in a bookstore just browsing through cookbooks... you're sure to have come across this book:
and now... the follow-up:

But rarely do you ever splurge on getting these pretty books for yourself. So it was quite exciting when I got the second book for my birthday this year!

There are so many great recipes I'm dying to try! Double-Chocolate Loaf with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Spread, Boston Cream Pie Cake, Cowboy Cookies...

My first pick (simply because I had all the ingredients - but isn't that how it always is?) was the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. YUMMM.

Like the recipe describes, it has a really good flavor of an oatmeal cookie, but as a nice dense cake reminiscent of a banana bread loaf. Can you imagine?
I used a dark baking pan, when the recipe calls for a glass or light-colored one... so I will admit, it did get a bit overdone by the time I realized. But still good!