Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sugar-crusted Strawberry Muffins

In the "early years" of my baking adventures, I would jot down recipes into this little 3"x5" Hello Kitty notebook. (What other way is there, really?)
And even so, I still look through it for treats to make! Thus, a re-visit to fresh strawberry muffins.
The source of the original recipe is now lost, but at least I still have it to work from!

Sugar-crusted Strawberry Muffins

Strawberry Muffins - yields 1 doz

2T Butter
2/3C Sugar
1/2C Milk
1 Egg
1/2tsp Salt
1-1/2C Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
1C Chopped Strawberries
Turbinado Sugar to top

Cream butter + sugar.
Add egg.
Add milk.
Then add the (already combined) dry ingredients.
Fold in fruit.
Portion into muffin cups.
Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.

Bake at 350 for 35 min, or until toothpick comes out clean.

1 comment:

Reeni said...

That's cute! The muffins are delectable - I haven't done much baking with strawberries. I'm always afraid they're going to be mushy.