Tuesday, September 30, 2008

hate baking?




I wonder... can I begin to hate baking?
If only I had all the time and money in the world to bake... mainly if I had more money. Especially if it would be just enough for a KitchenAid stand mixer with a tilt head in metallic chrome or imperial gray. Sexxxxxxxxxxay.

Anyways, my latest labor of 'love'- taken from JustJennRecipes blog:
Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes w/ Peppermint Frosting
2 sticks butter
2C sugar
4 eggs
1 Tbsp. Peppermint Extract (I felt it was too strong)
2.5C Flour
1/2C Cocoa Powder- I used Scharffen Berger
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1C chocolate milk
1/2C mini chocolate chips - I used chopped up Andes mints which may have made it over the top minty

350 degree over - 20 minutes - Toothpick test

Cream sugar and butter until fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time, then add peppermint extract.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt.
On low speed, add flour and chocolate milk to the butter mixture- alternating between wet and dry- until well combines.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Spoon into pan.

Peppermint Frosting
6 Tbsp. butter
3C powdered sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/3 C milk
2 tsp. peppermint extract (I think I spilled in some extra... oops)

Cream butter and sugar. Add cocoa and milk, alternating. Add peppermint extract. Beat until nice and fluffy.

No comments: